IA8201 Audio Edge Processor
Knowles' AISonic™ audio edge processor IA8201 audiocentric OpenDSP enables accelerated machine learning inferencing
The Knowles AISonic audio edge processor IA8201 is a high-performance, ultra-low-power audio-centric OpenDSP supporting up to 4 mics, multiple high-speed interfaces, and GPIOs in two package options (eWLB and QFN).
The IA8201 enables wake-on-voice processing for low latency voice UI, noise reduction, context awareness, and accelerated machine learning inferencing for edge processing of sensor inputs.
Use Case Examples
- Low power voice wake: Listens for specific OEM keywords to wake the host processor. Large memory enables processing of multiple stages on-chip for accurate results.
- Proximity detection: When combined with an ultrasonic capable speaker and microphone, detects the distance between the system and an object; can replace an IR-Prox sensor in bezel-less phones.
- Hub: Determines location of voice source while tuning out a noisy environment and lowering music to detect voice commands. Simultaneously takes metadata input and overrides beamformer to focus on camera-tracked objects.
- Security system: Activate with a voice command. Detect glass breakage/smoke alarm, log direction of noise source, trigger alarm, and send alerts through Wi-Fi connection.
- Wireless earbuds: Delivers low power premium wake-on-voice performance, talk detection to eliminate false triggers, enhanced voice quality through advanced beamforming and noise reduction algorithms, and support for local commands, including answer/ignore calls.
- Multi-Core: DeltaMax, optimized for compute; HemiDelta, optimized for low power
- Audio interfaces: Up to 4x PDM digital microphones - 1 stereo inputs, 4 x mono inputs, and 1 stereo output, supporting clock rates up to 6.144 MHz; up to 3x PS/TDM ports supporting 8 channels each of 32-bit audio data using a 24.576 MHz input clock
- Control interfaces: SPI, I2C, UART, available GPIOs
- Memory: 1.44 MB RAM (1 MB available to users)
- Clock: 175 MHz
- Packaging options: eWLB 3.00 mm x 2.6 mm x 0.715 mm, 0.4 pitch, 42 ball; QFN 6.00 mm x 6.00 mm x 0.75 mm, 0.5 pitch, 40 lead
- System requirements: IA8201BC 1.8 VDD, IA8201CQ 1.8 VDD and 3.3 VDD, -20°C to +85°C